You have probably heard of wellness shots. Popular ones in the 90's were wheatgrass shots. Packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and more, those beverages came in two or three ounce bottles.
The benefits from the various ingredients vary from enhancing your immunity to better sleep or aiding your digestion. Not to be used in lieu of a healthy diet, but mainly to boost where a boost was needed.
How about incorporating those benefits with an amazing green tea? Here is a simple green tea, turmeric, and ginger wellness shot for you. Feel free to add or sub any ingredients to fit your taste buds.
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 green tea sachets, or 2 tsp
- honey (optional)
- squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
- Bring the water to a boil. Add the ground turmeric and mix to combine.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the ginger, tea and lemon juice. Steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer.
- Sweeten with honey.